Friday 26 March 2010

Test shots

Before producing and shooting the final trailer, I decided to take test shots at the main location. However the main character featured was the main original character which I was going to use, due to work commitments she could no longer carry on with the filming.

I think that by shooting test shots it gives you the opportunity to view the framing and whether the location is suitable for the final product. The first major aspect in which I needed to improve on was the framing, as you can see the framing is very poor on both of the test shots. Therefore, I could take this away with me to discover the best and appropriate way in how to frame a suitable shot.

Another area in which I came to recognise was the diegetic sound in which the video camera recorded, as you can see when both chacters are walking away in the first shot the quality of sound was very poor and they could hardly be heard. This is another aspect in which helped me when it came to shooting the final material.

I discovered that in the first shot a building in the background is slightly visable, therefore I was aware that when filming for the final product I needed to be consciously aware of any confounding variables (variables which get in the way) which could possibly get in the way of the filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment