Friday 26 March 2010

Ancillary Text 1 - Film magazine front cover



























For my first ancillary text I decided to create a film magazine front page. As for my Foundation Portfolio I had to create a music magazine front page I collated experience and an understanding into the creation of magazine front covers. By analysing existing, contemporary film trailers I gathered the generic conventions required for Horror trailers and applied them to my front page.
The location in which I took the image is at Hessle Foreshore as this location appears very similar to the location in which I used in the trailer. I wanted there to be a vast amount of detail happening on the front page perhaps to reflect the hectic and upbeat filming world, therefore I applied conventions such as scremers 'Win win and...win!' to attract and catch attention. In order to give an insight into the magazine and create verisimilitude I included two images which look as they have been taken in an album therefore perhaps indicating 'behind the scenes' footage.
Overall I am pleased with the front page film magazine and I think it combines well with 'The Hunted' horror trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment