Wednesday 10 March 2010

Music!

As music is an extremely important aspect in a film trailer, i chose several music albums which I thought would fit with the genre of the trailer.
Examples In which I chose were:
Moby-Play
Horror film themes
-with tracks from the likes of Halloween, Frankenstein and Hellraiser.
Music from the movies-which features well known music featured in many popular films.
I also used music from the album 'sigur ross' a swedish band who's music is often played in advertisements, television programmes and films.
However, I decided to just use one track throughout the film trailer as i think using several would ruin the effect as i want it to immediately sound creepy and mysterious, I will be adding sound effects such as a bang and a wailing scream at the end of the trailer to add an element of ambiguousity.
The track which I have decided to use is better known as 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'-Main Themes,the reason as to why I have decided to use this track is because it has an element of mystery and appears very dramatic as it has loud beats which could reflect the genre of horror and the synopsis of the film trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment