Sunday 15 November 2009

Audience Research

To create the teaser trailer we needed to establish which age range would our specific genre (horror) appeal too, therefore I created a questionnaire to guide me into doing this.

The questionnaire asks the participant to state their sex, age and favourite film genre.
The questionnaire asks the participants to state their sex, age and favourite film genre.
In the questionnaire we can see that the horror and comedy genre are very popular, however the horror genre is in particular popular with teengaers and young adults.
As I had already decided in which genre I was going to be using in my genre it has helped me in deciding the age range of the characters in the trailer as this will appeal to teenagers/young adults. Therefore I will feature teenagers in my final product as my target audience will be able to engage with the final product.
I also noticed that comedy was popular, often horror can be mixed with horror to create horror and humour, however I am sticking with the horror genre.

To perhaps improve the validity of the questionnaire I could have used a larger sample such as a 1000 participants, therefore this would have provided a valid and representative sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment